Wednesday, November 7, 2012

10 Things Ziploc Bags Can Do Better Than Reusable Sandwich Bags

This post is very spur of the moment. I was originally researching an idea for a blog post, and while researching, I came across a blog post about 27 Smart Ideas For Ziploc Bags.


I'll admit, originally, my plan was to demonize ziploc bags and show that whatever a ziploc bag can do, a reusable sandwich bag can do better, but after reading the post, I realized there are some down and dirty things that you just wouldn't want something as pretty as a reusable sandwich bag doing! Besides, even if we all do switch to fabric sandwich bags permanently, we still have to find good uses for the ziploc bags we still have! We can't just throw them out, now, can we?

Here are the top 10 things you'd rather have your old ziplocs do than your precious sandwich bags:
  1. Store toiletries in ziploc bags when you travel so you can avoid baggage leak disasters - ziploc bags have to win here - as awesome as reusable wraps are, 
  2. Bring home dirty gym clothes in ziploc bags - I definitely don't want dirty socks anywhere near my LunchSkins!
  3. If you have leaky boots, slide your foot into a ziploc bag(after wearing a sock, I hope), then put your shoe on - this way, your feet won't get wet. I don't really want to explain why my fabric sandwich bags aren't good for this.
  4. Use ziploc bags for storing umbrellas so your other belongings don't get wet. I actually like this idea - and the reusable bags aren't 110% waterproof like a sealed ziploc is.
  5. Fill with marinade to marinate your 
  6. Fill up small ziplocs with paint so you can use them for quick touch ups. Yeah, this would pretty much ruin a LunchSkin. Besides, I don't think a ziploc is the best idea for this one, either. If you accidentally squeeze it too hard, you are going to have a lot of paint to clean up.
  7. Using big ziplocs as makeshift diaper changing mats. Ziploc wins again.
  8. Cut the tip off a ziploc to use as a makeshift icing bag - love the idea, but I don't want to ruin my sandwich bags!
  9. Make bubble wrap by inflating a ziploc with a straw - genius idea - but that would mean packing it away - so ziploc wins again.
  10. Fill up a large ziploc with scraps to make a nice mat to sit or kneel on when in the yard
In my next post, I'll try(with as many pictures as possible) to show you how reusable sandwich bags can do the remaining 17 things better than ziploc bags!

What ways can you think of to reuse your old ziplocs?

No comments:

Post a Comment